It is possible to migrate an exising game server to LinuxGSM.
- 1.Install the LinuxGSM server of choice as normal.
- 2.Once installed there will be a vanilla install in
- 3.Backup the serverfiles
mv serverfiles serverfilesbak
- 4.create a new serverfiles directory
- 5.Copy your existing server in to the empty serverfiles directory.
- 6.Ensure that the file structure matches that of
serverfilesbaki.e the executable, maps, etc. are in the same place.
- 7.Ensure the correct user permissions are used
chown -r gameserver:gameserver serverfiles
- 8.Copy the game server config to the new config file location found in
- 9.Run update to make sure you are up-to-date
- 10.Test that the server works.
- 11.Once complete delete